Addiction treatment in Kharkov
Drug addiction is a serious disease that affects the body and mind of a person practically instantly. Psychotropic drugs cause enormous harm to the body of the addict and cause persistent addiction. The statistics are unrelenting: most addicts who want to get back to normal cannot do the job alone.
Therefore, it is so important to timely start drug addiction treatment in Kharkov. If your spouse, relative, or close friend is using drugs and you are not sure how to help him, be sure to contact us. Specialists of the “Transformation” rehabilitation center provide effective assistance to drug addicts and help them cope with their illness.
What drug-related problems can we help solve?
- Resocialize the addict, help him regain communication skills and return to society.
- Convince the drug addict to give up criminal ties.
- Stop the destruction of the addict’s personality, give him an impetus to rethink mistakes.
- Help the patient build relationships with family and friends.
Stages of addiction formation: how to recognize it in time?
Addiction to narcotic substances is formed quite quickly, replacing the psychological dependence of the physical:
- Stage 1. During this period, psychological craving develops, which is also characterized by a decrease in the euphorizing effect of the drug. To achieve the same sensations, beginner addicts increase the dose.
- Stage 2. The body “gets used” to chemicals, as a result of which physical dependence is formed. Without the use of psychotropic substances, all sorts of symptoms of varying severity develop.
- Stage 3. The period is associated with the development of various somatic disorders, serious changes in the psyche. Hypotension, impaired coordination of movement, deterioration of the skin condition, serious disorders in the activity of the cardiovascular system, gastrointestinal tract.
Basic approaches to drug addiction treatment in the “Transformation” rehabilitation center
Treatment of drug addiction in Kharkov is based on the voluntariness and awareness of the patient. A person with an addiction should want to recover and get rid of the cravings for drugs themselves. In turn, we offer a comprehensive and individual approach to the treatment process, psychotherapeutic support at all stages of rehabilitation.
Collective and group psychotherapy, art therapy, communication with people who have overcome addiction to drugs and returned to society are excellent help to the residents of “Transformation”. Our employees are highly qualified narcologists and psychologists who provide patients with valuable theoretical knowledge and practical skills. We also work with family members of drug addicts, helping to build normal interpersonal relationships within the family. Our practical experience shows that most often chemical dependence is associated with intra-family troubles and conflicts.
We work with patients in the following areas:
- Training in the analysis of psychological and social causes of drug addiction.
- Preparing for constructive communication with your environment, mastering and using new communication skills.
- Learning to accept help in dealing with dependence on professionals and loved ones.
Drug addiction treatment (Kharkov) is an effective help for addicted men, women, adolescents. A system that was first tested in the first half of the twentieth century – “12 steps” helped us to achieve great positive results.
The essence of the “12 steps” program
One of the first steps towards a new life is the recognition of substance dependence. It is on this basis that the most effective system for the treatment of drug addicts “12 steps” is built. “Transformation” is a rehabilitation center and real help for drug addicts in Kharkov. The treatment is based on the aforementioned “12 steps” program, and the people who have undertaken this noble mission are the best psychologists, rehabilitation therapists, and narcologists in this field.
The 12 Steps or the Minnesota Drug and Alcohol Recovery System is a unique program that has helped millions of people around the world to get rid of harmful diseases. Treatment will certainly be successful if a person is firmly decided to get rid of drug addiction and turned to specialists for help voluntarily and consciously.
“12 steps” is an anonymous drug addiction treatment in Kharkov. We teach patients of the rehabilitation center to be responsible for their actions, socialize, find a common language with family and friends. To successfully get rid of the disease, each resident of “Transformation” goes through the following stages:
- Acknowledgment of one’s own powerlessness and the fact that it is impossible to cope with the disease on its own.
- Seek support from relatives, friends, professionals.
- Making the decision to change your destiny and end your drug use.
- Getting to know your “I” and searching for an inner resource to fight the disease.
- Awareness of our shortcomings that led to addiction and recognition of them in front of other people.
- Preparing to free yourself from drug cravings, learning to set goals and achieve the desired result.
- Learning to humbly accept any of your life experiences, including negative ones.
- Building relationships with other people, including those who have suffered from the drug addict’s actions (relatives, colleagues, spouses).
- Accustoming to introspection, constant study of the nature of their actions.
- Spiritual development, drug addiction recovery.
What do we offer clients of our rehabilitation center?
The Center for Rehabilitation of Drug Addicts in Kharkiv makes sure that at each stage of treatment, patients receive group and individual psychotherapy. Our experience shows that productive communication with a specialist, analysis of the origins of addiction contributes to entering remission. Also, thanks to consultations with a psychologist, additional motivation and social skills are formed.
We also offer patients:
- Family psychotherapy, which allows you to create a healthy system of family ties, get out of a state of protracted conflict with loved ones, end codependent relationships and build normal ones.
- Spiritual education for the formation of stable moral principles and values.
- Classes explaining the phenomenon of drug addiction and the process of recovery. They help you get extra motivation and the strength to end drugs forever.
Equally important for our patients is sexuality education, which means providing information about emotional relationships, sexual hygiene, family planning, HIV and AIDS prevention. Many people who have a relative or partner of an addict are interested in how long it takes to recover from addiction?
We advise you to complete the course of treatment, because the longer the period of work on the addict, the greater the likelihood that he will not return to looking for an opportunity to get a dose. In the course of therapy, he will not only learn to say “No!” To drugs, but will also completely revise his life principles, learn to live in a new way.
Transformation is a drug rehabilitation center in Kharkov, the fundamental principles of which are anonymity and confidentiality, on which the success of treatment largely depends. Compulsory treatment is possible in critical situations. We also provide anonymous emergency assistance (narcological, psychological) at home, with the possibility of a motivational group leaving. You can find out about the program, how much the course costs, the cost of individual services – you can visit the official website or call the hotline in Kharkov.
Acknowledging Our Powerlessness: The first step in the program for the addict is to admit that he is no longer in control of his own life. Understanding that we cannot save our lives on our own is the first step to our recovery.
In his struggle with the disease, the patient can enlist the help of God, such as he sees him.
The patient learns to trust the power that leads him to recovery; he completely delegates control of his life to this power.
The stage of careful introspection: the patient reveals his hidden fears and negative experiences to the group in order to understand the root cause of the development of the disease.
The patient accepts himself and his negative experience; he admits his mistakes not only to himself, but also to his loved ones and to God leading him.
The patient prepares for active actions aimed at getting rid of the disease. He understands that alcohol or drugs is not the cause of addiction. The reason lies in himself. You can defeat addiction only by changing yourself.
Based on the experience of other members of the group, patients begin to correct their own behavioral patterns, correcting their shortcomings.
The patient makes a list of the people he has harmed during his illness and prepares himself to apologize for the pain and make amends.
The patient apologizes and compensates for the damage to all people offended by him. Thus, he gets rid of remorse and forgives himself.
The patient develops the habit of constantly analyzing his actions and immediately admitting his mistakes. This is learning self-control and responsibility for his life
The patient continues his path of reflection. This allows him to develop the spiritual essence of the addict, his moral sphere.
The patient uses the knowledge gained during the course to help himself and other victims of addiction. He uses these skills in all areas of his life, thus achieving inner harmony and happiness.
Living conditions during rehabilitation in the Kharkiv region
Still have questions? Call now!
Right now you can consult a specialist of our center for free by ordering a call back.
To do this, enter your name and phone number, and an employee of the "Transformation" center will call you back as soon as possible.