Alcoholism treatment in Zhitomir
Alcohol addiction is a serious condition that destroys life, mental and physical health of a person, injures his loved ones. And although most people associate craving for alcohol with promiscuity, alcoholism is a serious illness, during which the human personality is destroyed. Only a few can find the strength to fight alcohol addiction alone. Therefore, if an alcoholic has realized the severity of his condition, it is necessary to support him and try to convince him to undergo treatment for alcoholism in Zhitomir.
Why is alcoholism a disease and should be treated?
Chemical addiction paralyzes the patient’s will, makes it virtually impossible to resist the temptation to drink. Female alcoholism takes especially severe forms, because:
- Alcohol dependence develops much faster in women than in men.
- The female body copes worse with the elimination of alcohol due to the peculiarities of enzymes.
- An alcohol-addicted woman becomes a real outcast of society, so it is more difficult to treat.
Otherwise, excessive drinking is harmful to both sexes. Alcohol addiction impairs memory, cognitive abilities, and causes sudden mood swings. Also, alcohol negatively affects the state of the cardiovascular system, liver, kidneys. The patient’s appearance deteriorates significantly, the process of premature aging begins, especially clearly it appears on the skin. Help is needed? Contact the hotline of our rehabilitation center “Transformation” for a free consultation on the treatment of alcoholism in Zhitomir.
Why alcoholism is so bad: 3 stages
When to start alcoholism treatment in Zhitomir? Ideally, the sooner the better. The main problem is that at an early stage, the patient himself and his relatives rarely recognize the addiction and turn to a specialist for help. At first, alcoholism seems like a desire to have fun, to unwind, and an alcoholic seems to be the soul of the company and a cheerful person.
In the first stage of addiction, alcohol is consistently associated with pleasure. While drinking, a person relaxes, is distracted from sad and anxious thoughts, and enjoys life. He starts drinking rather large doses of alcohol almost every day. The main symptom of the disease is mental dependence on alcohol. But most people believe they can stop at any time, and do not consider drinking a serious problem. Also an alarming symptom is the loss of the protective gag reflex.
The second stage is characterized by the appearance of a plateau of tolerance and a hangover syndrome:
- Plateau of tolerance – an increase in the dose of alcohol, after which intoxication occurs.
- A hangover is an uncontrollable desire to get drunk, accompanied by weakness, nausea, restless sleep, and poor health.
The third stage is associated with increased personality degradation, loss of life guidelines. The person begins to drink heavily or constantly. His problems are becoming more obvious to those around him. Due to the inability of the body to perceive large doses of alcohol, the alcoholic drinks in small doses, but constantly.
Treatment of alcoholism in Zhytomyr: goals and basic principles
To get rid of alcoholism, the patient must himself want to be cured. As a rule, the awareness of addiction does not come immediately, most often – at the second or third stage of the disease. Experienced psychologists and narcologists work in the transformation rehabilitation center who will draw up an individual treatment program and help the alcoholic return to normal life.
Three basic aspects of successful treatment:
- Voluntary decision of the patient himself to end alcohol dependence.
- Correctly selected treatment regimen, taking into account the patient’s psychosomatic diseases, provoking factors, forms of alcoholism and drinking experience.
- Support for family and friends.
Treatment of alcohol addiction in Zhitomir is aimed at achieving the following goals:
- Formation of moral values, attitudes, life goals that prevent the return to addiction.
- Return to work and school.
- Normalization of relations with family members.
- Understanding the root causes of addiction, awareness of the harmfulness of this lifestyle.
Individual and group work with a psychologist, art therapy, meetings with people who have undergone rehabilitation and overcome alcoholism help our patients well. Do not try to cure a loved one from alcohol addiction on your own – this way you can only push him to further degradation. The best way to help is to contact specialists with extensive experience in the rehabilitation of alcoholics.
The 12 Steps – An Effective Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program
To get rid of alcoholism in “Transformation” the program “12 steps” or the Minnesota model is used. It is non-drug and is aimed at the psycho-social rehabilitation of the patient. If a person successfully completes the program, he will stop drinking alcoholic beverages and will again become a full-fledged member of society.
During rehabilitation, the following actions are carried out with each patient:
- Informing about the negative consequences of alcohol consumption.
- Group and individual meetings with a psychologist.
- Art therapy sessions.
- Independent work on the Minnesota model.
Key messages of the “12 steps”:
- Addiction is not the patient’s fault, but a consequence of spiritual dissatisfaction.
- To get rid of alcoholism, you need to understand the problem and seek help from other people.
- Recovery is possible when a person himself wants to live a normal life, sets the right goals and achieves them.
- Constant introspection, compensation for moral damage to loved ones, harmony with oneself are the best ways to get rid of alcoholism.
Craving for strong drinks is not a sentence at any stage of the disease. The main thing is to lend a helping hand to your loved one and convince him to undergo a rehabilitation course.
The course is divided into three stages:
- Drug treatment. At this stage, the doctor develops an individual program for cleansing the body. Further treatment involves the relief of various withdrawal disorders, relief of the patient’s mental state.
- Rehabilitation. This is the main and most difficult part of the rehabilitation program. It is during the rehabilitation period that a real transformation takes place – the program participant works on himself, changes the deep-rooted wrong worldview and learns to live anew and cope with difficulties without additional stimulation. She works with psychologists and psychotherapists, attends classes on spiritual and moral development, goes in for sports, gets involved in art and acquires new goals in life.
- Resocialization. After the main stage of the program, which lasts up to 6 months, addicts have the opportunity to return to their usual social environment, to find a job they like. At this stage, addicts are still under the constant supervision of psychologists and rehabilitation therapists. Former alcoholics attend sports and therapeutic motivational camps, which are held twice a year in summer and winter on the basis of the International Anti-Drug Association, where they maintain friendly relations with the same former and current program participants, receive encouragement and support from cultural figures, show business, athletes of Ukraine and are affirmed in the intention to lead a healthy lifestyle.
“Transformation” is an anonymous treatment for alcoholism in Zhytomyr, based on the comprehensive “12 steps” program. Compulsory treatment for alcoholism (voluntary-compulsory motivation of the client) is possible only in critical cases. We also provide emergency drug treatment (psychological) assistance at home, with the possibility of a motivational team of the rehabilitation center leaving. You can find out about the program, how much the course costs, the cost of individual services – you can visit the official website or call the free hotline in Zhytomyr.
View this infographic or read about our alcoholism treatment program.
Acknowledging Our Powerlessness: The first step in the program for the addict is to admit that he is no longer in control of his own life. Understanding that we cannot save our lives on our own is the first step to our recovery.
In his struggle with the disease, the patient can enlist the help of God, such as he sees him.
The patient learns to trust the power that leads him to recovery; he completely delegates control of his life to this power.
The stage of careful introspection: the patient reveals his hidden fears and negative experiences to the group in order to understand the root cause of the development of the disease.
The patient accepts himself and his negative experience; he admits his mistakes not only to himself, but also to his loved ones and to God leading him.
The patient prepares for active actions aimed at getting rid of the disease. He understands that alcohol or drugs is not the cause of addiction. The reason lies in himself. You can defeat addiction only by changing yourself.
Based on the experience of other members of the group, patients begin to correct their own behavioral patterns, correcting their shortcomings.
The patient makes a list of the people he has harmed during his illness and prepares himself to apologize for the pain and make amends.
The patient apologizes and compensates for the damage to all people offended by him. Thus, he gets rid of remorse and forgives himself.
The patient develops the habit of constantly analyzing his actions and immediately admitting his mistakes. This is learning self-control and responsibility for his life
The patient continues his path of reflection. This allows him to develop the spiritual essence of the addict, his moral sphere.
The patient uses the knowledge gained during the course to help himself and other victims of addiction. He uses these skills in all areas of his life, thus achieving inner harmony and happiness.
Living conditions during rehabilitation in the Zhytomyr region
The rehabilitation center for addicts “Transformation” offers professional services – anonymously and guaranteed throughout Ukraine –
- Drug addiction treatment in Dnipro
- Treatment of alcoholism in Dnipro
- Drug addiction treatment in Odessa
- Treatment of alcoholism in Odessa
- Drug addiction treatment in Kropyvnytskyi
- Treatment of alcoholism in Kropyvnytskyi
- Drug addiction treatment in Kryvyi Rih
- Treatment of alcoholism in Kryvyi Rih
- Drug addiction treatment in Zaporozhye
- Treatment of alcoholism in Zaporozhye
- Withdrawal from binge drinking with home visits
- as well as treatment of drug addiction abroad
The rehabilitation center “Transformation”, which operates under the International Anti-Drug Association in Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, and Azerbaijan, is a place where you will always be helped.
Right now you can consult a specialist of our center for free by ordering a call back.
To do this, enter your name and phone number, and an employee of the "Transformation" center will call you back as soon as possible.