Treatment of alcoholism in Dnepropetrovsk
Alcoholism is a mental illness in which an indefinable craving for alcohol is formed. Is a type of addiction. In the process of developing the disease, a person loses control over the amount of alcohol consumed, and the need for the latter is constantly growing. It is possible to return to a normal life, to stop an illness only with the help of experts in the given sphere – psychologists, narcologists, rehabilitologists. What are the consequences of alcoholism, where to get treatment for alcoholism in the Dnieper – about this in our article.
The formation of alcoholism – the main aspects of the disease
Alcohol dependence is a progressive disease in the process of which all vital systems of the body are affected, personality degradation occurs, and social ties are destroyed. Fatalities are often fatal due to the toxic effects of ethanol metabolites.
There are a number of aspects that can cause the need for regular alcohol consumption and, as a consequence, lead to the development of addiction:
- Biological (predisposition to alcoholism in people whose family has a drinking relative, biochemical features of the body – alcohol compounds remain at the molecular level in the CNS for life, even with complete abstinence from alcohol and after a long period of abstinence are excreted only partially ).
- Social. Availability of alcohol, its price. Social heritage is the repetition of the customs and norms of the parental home. And it is proved that most often alcoholics grow up in families where one or both parents are alcoholics, or where there was complete abstinence from alcohol. Incomplete family, unhealthy atmosphere in a complete family. Loss of job / study. Lack of clear life guidelines. Loss of friends, trust.
- Psychological. Emotional immaturity. Aggression and antisocial behavior in childhood can lead to alcoholism in adulthood. It is much more difficult for emotionally immature people to overcome life’s difficulties, they tend to look for “supports”, which are found in alcohol and drugs. Internal tension, prolonged stress. Psychological complexes. Difficulties in communication. Inability to cope with their own feelings. Overestimated or low self-esteem.
- Spiritual. Spirituality is a person’s attitude to the world around him and to himself and is related to the quality of participation in life. Alcoholism is considered a disease of the soul, because as the disease progresses, alcohol becomes the most important factor in life, on which the addict focuses all his attention. With the help of alcohol, the addict tries to overcome anxiety and fears, satisfy the need for intimacy and trust, gain a sense of significance, purpose, meaning and value of life. For some, alcohol temporarily fills the void in the soul, but addicts do not notice how the substance gradually displaces important things from their consciousness, prevents the manifestation of natural talents and thus increases the spiritual emptiness. The temporary feeling of friendship, unity, omnipotence disappears with the end of the action of alcohol. There is a growing sense of loneliness, which helps to cope with another serving of alcohol. The feeling of lack of meaning in life. Lack of contact with the Higher Power. Loss, spiritual emptiness, boredom.
Still have questions? Call now!
Anonymous treatment of alcoholism in the Dnieper
In the first half of the 20th century, the world learned about a unique method of treating different types of chemical addictions, which was based on an attempt to consider the disease as a set of physical, mental, social, spiritual problems. This program, significantly different from the notorious coding of alcohol in the Dnieper, was called “12 steps” and in a short time became popular around the world. Rehabilitation Narcological Center “Transformation” offers treatment for alcoholism in the Dnieper, based on this program. The course includes mandatory group sessions, during which patients gain invaluable experience, can share their feelings, talk about their problems.
The maximum results of treatment can be achieved thanks to the control of specialists in all areas (psychologists, rehabilitation specialists, narcologists) for each stage of the course:
- Drug therapy.
- Post-program maintenance.
At the first stage it is necessary to cleanse the body of toxins, to stop the symptoms of withdrawal disorders, to reduce mental stress. The most important stage is rehabilitation. Throughout the treatment, which takes from 1 to 6 months, the client is in a closed hospital of a private rehabilitation center, which allows to create optimal conditions for the restoration of the patient’s mental health. Classes on spiritual and moral development of the person, art therapy, sessions of group and individual psychotherapy and psychocorrection of the person, game therapy, etc. are carried out. At the center there are many opportunities for the development of creative inclinations, sports, self-improvement.
Resocialization involves the gradual adaptation of former addicts to life in society without alcohol. This is an extremely important stage, which is also under the constant control of psychologists and rehabilitation specialists, as well as personal supervisors of addicts. In the post-program support phase, former program participants regularly attend AA self-help groups based on the International Anti-Drug Association (the goal of the groups is to help former program participants stay sober and cope with trigger situations, get rid of recurring negative feelings and cravings, share feelings, share people who have gone through the same difficulties themselves), participate in motivational resistance therapy camps, some participate in volunteer projects, thus gaining a purpose in life and increasing self-esteem. At the same time, relatives of addicted people continue to attend classes for codependent relatives, which help to acquire and consolidate the skills of proper behavior with ex-alcoholics, find answers to questions about the difficulties in communication with a psychologist, etc.
“Transformation” is a private rehabilitation center for the comprehensive treatment of alcoholism, which requires complete anonymity. Depending on the client’s situation, it is possible to resort to the so-called compulsory treatment of alcoholism in Dnepropetrovsk (through voluntary-compulsory motivation). We provide emergency care at home, with the possibility of leaving the motivational team of the rehabilitation center. You can find out about the program, how much the course costs, the cost of individual services – on the official website or by calling the free hotline in Dnepropetrovsk.
Read more about the treatment program or view the infographic.
Acknowledging Our Powerlessness: The first step in the program for the addict is to admit that he is no longer in control of his own life. Understanding that we cannot save our lives on our own is the first step to our recovery.
In his struggle with the disease, the patient can enlist the help of God, such as he sees him.
The patient learns to trust the power that leads him to recovery; he completely delegates control of his life to this power.
The stage of careful introspection: the patient reveals his hidden fears and negative experiences to the group in order to understand the root cause of the development of the disease.
The patient accepts himself and his negative experience; he admits his mistakes not only to himself, but also to his loved ones and to God leading him.
The patient prepares for active actions aimed at getting rid of the disease. He understands that alcohol or drugs is not the cause of addiction. The reason lies in himself. You can defeat addiction only by changing yourself.
Based on the experience of other members of the group, patients begin to correct their own behavioral patterns, correcting their shortcomings.
The patient makes a list of the people he has harmed during his illness and prepares himself to apologize for the pain and make amends.
The patient apologizes and compensates for the damage to all people offended by him. Thus, he gets rid of remorse and forgives himself.
The patient develops the habit of constantly analyzing his actions and immediately admitting his mistakes. This is learning self-control and responsibility for his life
The patient continues his path of reflection. This allows him to develop the spiritual essence of the addict, his moral sphere.
The patient uses the knowledge gained during the course to help himself and other victims of addiction. He uses these skills in all areas of his life, thus achieving inner harmony and happiness.
The groups work in Dnepropetrovsk and other cities of Ukraine, you can get detailed information by contacting us by phone
Still have questions? Call now!
Contact us, we’ll help!
Treatment of alcoholism in the Dnepropetrovsk region
Right now you can consult a specialist of our center for free by ordering a call back.
To do this, enter your name and phone number, and an employee of the "Transformation" center will call you back as soon as possible.