Consolidation instead of competition!
An outstanding event took place today: finally, representatives of the leading organizations that provide assistance to addicted people gathered in Kiev in order to begin in harmony and unity a long and difficult process of solving a number of acute issues that do not make it possible to provide high-quality and professional assistance to people suffering from addiction disease.
At the conference, which was appropriately named: “Consolidation of centers for the provision of assistance to addicts”, attended by 75 people from more than 14 public unions, organizations and centers that provide assistance to addicted people .
This conference reflected acute and urgent problematic situations of modern practice of helping addicts, such as:
- lack of legal regulation of substitution therapy;
- ineffective (or even destructive) interaction between centers providing assistance to addicts with state authorities and law enforcement agencies;
- lack of legal regulation of the activities of centers for the provision of addictions.
Based on the questions worked out at the conference, it was:
- it was decided to create a working group from representatives of each of the organizations present, which would, together with government officials, develop initiatives, amendments , to the current legislation in the field of drug policy and the regulation of illegal circulation of psychoactive substances, the formation of an effective mechanism for interaction with law enforcement agencies, the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and other competent institutions;
- a resolution has been developed, for which all conference participants voted unanimously.
We believe that this day will truly go down in history as the beginning of great changes not only in the fight against drug addiction, but also in the direction of improving the quality of care for addicted people.
Right now you can consult a specialist of our center for free by ordering a call back.
To do this, enter your name and phone number, and an employee of the "Transformation" center will call you back as soon as possible.